Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Day at the Park

We got together with some of my family for Memorial Day at this great park out in Copperton, at the foot of the Oquirrh mountains by the copper mine. It was such a nice day!

Nathan and his cousin C kept coming back to the water whenever someone let go of their hands. He would be content to splash all day long. I think he ended up sitting in it too.

Sharing at a public playground can be hard to do, but they loved it.

And yes, it was the day before my birthday and two days before C's 2nd birthday, so we shared the cake. (Glad I could hide behind part of it.)

And here was another favorite. Nathan was leery of the swing before I put him in, but once he was, the only thing coming out of his mouth was "Whee! Whee! Whee!" We ought to get a bucket swing so he can do this more often.

I'm glad we got to celebrate at this little party cause the day of my actual birthday wasn't anything spectacular. In fact, we went to a viewing for Ammon's step-grandpa up in Ogden, so we didn't get to do anything else with all the driving. I'm also working on changing my eating habits so I kinda took the fun out of going somewhere to eat too. But it's okay cause everyone's telling me that 30 is the new 20, so that must mean I get to do it all over again!

No comments: